This is a central place to find proposed regulations, proposed Board orders, proposed permits for large facilities, or other documents or actions that are (or will be) proposed for adoption by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board or issuance by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District. See the types of items below. Click on a column heading to see an explanation of that column. Items that are being reviewed only by the US EPA are not listed here, but proposed Title V permits under EPA review are listed on the list of Title V operating permits.
Note 1: A public hearing may be scheduled if the District determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
Explanation of Headings
- Item Type:
- See the list of types of items below.
- Number and Title or Description:
- This is the regulation number, permit number, Board order number, etc., followed by the title or description. For a regulation, this is the title of the regulation. For a Board order, it is the name of the responsible party, a slash and the topic. For a permit, the name of the plant. If this is a revision to an existing permit, the revision number is given in parentheses after the name.
If the document is available electronically, the number (if any) or the title is a hyperlink to the document. The linked document is usually in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Depending on your computer configuration, equations and special characters might not display properly on your screen or printer. If you have trouble opening a document by clicking on the link, try this: Right-click the link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." (or similar command) and save the document to your computer. Then open the document from Adobe Reader.
- Sup Doc:
- Supporting or supplemental document:
- For a regulation:
- PRIA: Preliminary Regulatory Impact Assessment for a draft or proposed regulation: a description of the expected effects of the regulation change
- RC: comments from the public and APCD's responses (for a proposed regulation change that has already gone through a public comment period)
- For a permit: Statement of Basis (SoB): a summary of the permit, describing the purpose and contents of the permit
- This column is empty for other types of items.
- Legal Notice:
- The date the legal notice was to be published in the local newspaper. The date is a hyperlink to the text of the legal notice as posted on this web site. The legal notice provides the dates of the comment period and the public hearing (if any), the name and address for the specific person to whom written comments can be sent and will usually include the name and contact information of a person who can answer questions. In the case of external draft regulations, "NPR" may appear indicating a link to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, rather than a legal notice.
- Any comment from the public must be received at APCD by close of business on this date. For some proposed regulations, after the comment period has ended, there will be a link to a document summarizing comments submitted and APCD's responses to those comments.
- Hearing Date:
- The date of the public hearing for this regulation or Board order, or the date of the meeting if the item is being reviewed by a committee of the Board. A hearing is not required for permits, but a public hearing may be scheduled if the District determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
- This is the entity that will hold the hearing or meeting (if any) and can take the action. See the list of organizations below.
- Action Date:
- The date the Board is expected to adopt (or reject) this regulation or Board order, or the date the District expects to issue this permit.
Types of Items
||Enforcement Agreed Board Order|
||Advance notice of proposed rulemaking|
||Other Board order|
||Draft amendment of a regulation for external review|
||Proposed new regulation|
|Draft New Reg.
||Draft new regulation for external review|
||Enforceable Board Agreement|
||FEDOOP construction permit|
||FEDOOP (Federally enforceable District-origin operating permit)|
||Proposed amendment of an existing regulation|
||Proposed repeal of a regulation|
||Indicates revision of a permit or Board order, as opposed to issuance of a new one|
||State Implementation Plan Board order|
||Title V construction permit|
||Title V operating permit|
||Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board
||adopt a regulation, adopt a Board order, adopt a resolution|
||Policy Committee of the Board
||approve a draft regulation to be proposed|
||Strategy Committee of the Board|
||Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District staff
||issue a permit|