Links to Additional Landscaping and Gardening-Related Resources
- Climate Change
- Project Bud Burst is a national field campaign for citizen scientists designed to engage the public in the collection of important climate change data based on the timing of leafing and flowering of trees and flowers.
- Ecosystem Services
- Ecosystem Services (US EPA)
- Sustainable Sites: The central message of the Sustainable Sites Initiative is that any landscape—whether the site of a large subdivision, a shopping mall, a park, an abandoned rail yard, or even one home—holds the potential both to improve and to regenerate the natural benefits and services provided by ecosystems in their undeveloped state.
- Green Landscaping in General
- Native Plants
- Pest Control
- Urban Agriculture and Community Gardens
- Brightside Community Gardens
- Breaking New Grounds is a sustainable pilot system to transform a plentiful waste product into a healthy, living soil, create neighborhood gardens, nutritious food, sustainable jobs and teach young people how this simple process can give birth to amazing possibilities.
- Growing Power is a national nonprofit organization and land trust supporting people from diverse backgrounds, and the environments in which they live, by helping to provide equal access to healthy, high-quality, safe and affordable food for people in all communities.
- Permaculture (US Department of Agriculture)
- SPIN Farming: SPIN stands for Small Plot Intensive. SPIN-Farming is a non-technical, easy-to-learn and inexpensive-to-implement vegetable farming system that makes it possible to earn significant income from land bases under an acre in size.
- Urban Ecology
- Urban Forestry and Trees
- Bernheim Select Urban Trees: This is a list of trees Bernheim selected as some of the best trees for urban landscapes such as yards and streetsides.
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Kentucky Trees (UK College of Agriculture)
- Tree Link provides the knowledge and local TreeBanks offer a proactive way for anyone to act on their green intentions and support local community trees.
- Urban and Community Forestry (U S Forest Service): Urban forests are dynamic ecosystems that provide environmental services such as clean air and water.
- Weed Control
- Wildlife Habitat