Residential Rebates for Electric and Human-Powered Lawn Equipment
Louisville Metro Residency Requirement
The Lawn Care for Cleaner Air rebate program is only open to residents of Jefferson County, KY. You must provide a copy of your proof of residency (i.e. your driver’s license) to the participating dealer when purchasing new equipment or to APCD when submitting your mail-in rebate request. Failure to do so will result in not receiving a rebate.
Two Ways to Get a Rebate
- Through a participating dealer. Participating dealers give the rebates up front, as dollars off of the purchase price. This is the fastest way to get a lawn care rebate!
- Individually. If you are purchasing your eligible equipment at a non-participating dealer, use this Rebate Request Form to request a Bonus or Standard Rebate. If your rebate request meets all the requirements, you should receive your rebate within 60 days.
Other Conditions on Equipment Eligibility
- No rebate can exceed the purchase price of equipment.
- All eligible equipment must be purchased new or factory reconditioned.
- Trade-in equipment must be similar to the new eligible electric, reel, or battery-powered equipment that will be purchased with a Bonus Rebate (e.g., a mower for a mower, a battery for a battery).
- Trade-in equipment must be taken to one of the three Louisville Metro recycling centers listed below. Some participating dealers accept replacement batteries for trade/recycling when a new battery is purchased. Only the Waste Reduction Center at Meriwether Avenue is currently accepting all battery types. Please call ahead to other locations for up-to-date battery-recycling information.
- Old equipment must be drained of gas and oil prior to trade-in. Drained oil may be taken to staffed recycling centers, including Metro Recycling Centers #1 and #2 listed below. Gasoline and gas/oil mixtures can be taken to the Haz Bin on Grade Lane.
Louisville Metro Recycling Centers
The following recycling centers will accept trade-in equipment:
- Metro Recycling Center # 1, 595 Hubbards Lane, accepting lawn equipment year round, Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., (502) 896-1293.
- Metro Recycling Center # 2, 7219 Dixie Highway, accepting lawn equipment March through September, Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., (502) 933-5682.
- Metro Waste Reduction Center, 636 Meriwether Avenue, accepting lawn equipment March through September, Wednesday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., (502) 574-2887. Batteries accepted year-round, same hours.
Note: Please check your voucher for accuracy before you leave the recycling facility! After you leave the recycling center, it will be difficult to prove that you recycled something other than what is marked on the voucher. It is your responsibility to make sure the voucher is accurate.
If you have questions about the Lawn Care Rebate Program that are not answered on this website, e-mail us, or call us at (502) 574-6000.
Our snazzy clean air lawn care superheroes were designed by the local artisans at Hound Dog Press.