Preventing & Reporting a Stolen Bicycle
Preventing Theft of a Bicycle
The Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) recommends the following steps to document the ownership of a bicycle:
- Take pictures of your bike and engrave them with identifiable numbers.
- Record these numbers along with any serial numbers and model numbers associated with the bicycle.
- Keep these records in a safe place.
Reporting Theft of a Bicycle
If a theft does occur:
- Call (502) 574-5673. This number is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Learn more here.
- When you present your property information to LMPD, a theft report will be taken. This will assist investigators in helping to locate your stolen property and hold those responsible for the theft.