Local Bicycling Organizations
If you want to learn how to be a better cyclist, ride with friends or get involved in bicycling advocacy, there are organizations in Louisville Metro for you.
- This website, Bike Louisville, is quickly becoming THE source for up-to-date information about Louisville Metro's committment to cycling in Louisville. Put us in your "favorites" and check back often for information about bicycle infrastructure improvements and events that support a bike friendly community.
- Louisville Bicycle Club (formerly Louisville Wheelmen) is a cycling club that serves the greater Louisville metropolitan area, including Southern Indiana. According to their website, They, "...are dedicated to promoting the sport of bicycling and advocating for the rights of all cyclists. Since our original founding in the late 1890s, the Louisville Bicycle Club has been one of the most active and progressive clubs in the Midwest."
- Bicycling for Louisville is a non-profit organization that promotes and enhances bicycling in our community, through education, advocacy, technical advising, and research. They have a partnership with Bike Louisville to offer bike safety classes.
- CART -The Coalition for the Advancement of Regional Transportation is a community service organization serving Kentucky and Southern Indiana. CART was founded in 1992 and is a vocal force in transportation planning for Louisville and Kentucky.
- The Kentucky Mountain Biking Association is an organization dedicated to mountain biking issues throughout Kentucky.
- Southern Indiana Wheelmen is a bicycle club which sponsors the popular Harvest Homecoming Bicycle Tour.