Community Services and Revitalization
Start Fresh! is a workshop for people who want to gain new information and tools to use second-chance or new checking accounts. This workshop will help you think about your relationship with money and plan how you will make mainstream financial services work for you. When you finish this workshop, you’ll get a certificate you can use to open a new account with one our partnering financial institutions. Upcoming classes:
To view a sample of the Start Fresh! student workbook, click here.
- Thursday, Sept. 11, 5:30pm-7:30pm, at the Louisville Urban League, 1535 W. Broadway. To register, call Bank On Louisville at 574.5156.
- Friday, October 10, 12:00pm-2:00pm, at Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place, 1411 Algonquin Parkway. To register, call Bank On Louisville at 574.5156.
- Thursday, Nov. 13, 5:30pm-7:30pm, at the Louisville Urban League, 1535 W. Broadway. To register, call Bank On Louisville at 574.5156.
- Thursday, December 18, 10:00am-12:00pm, at Urban Government Center, 810 Barret Ave. To register, call Bank On Louisville at 574.5156.
If you cannot attend a workshop on one of the dates listed above, contact Bank On Louisville for help setting up a one-on-one Start Fresh! appointment.
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOP SERIES
Bank On Louisville is partnering with the Louisville Free Public Library and several of our bank and credit union supporters to bring free monthly financial education to a library near you. The workshop schedule is as follows:
- College Savings and Credit Reports: Tuesday, Sept. 9, 5-7pm at St. Matthews LFPL (3940 Grandview Ave.)
- Financial Recovery: Tuesday, Oct. 7, 6pm-7pm at Fern Creek LFPL (6768 Bardstown Road)
- Strategies for Slashing Your Debt: Tuesday, Nov. 4, 6pm-7pm at Shawnee LFPL (3912 W. Broadway)
- Understanding Credit: Tuesday, Dec. 2, 6pm-7pm at Okolona branch (7709 Preston Hwy)
These classes are all free and no registration is required. If you need more information, call Bank On Louisville at 574-5156.
For a complete calendar of financial empowerment opportunities in August, September, and October 2014, click here.
This project is funded, in part, under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services with funds from the Community Services Block Grant Act of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Become money-savvy with Bank On Louisville and our community partners!
These events are great opportunities to learn more about your finances. Feel free to share this information with your friends, family, co-workers and clients, too!