Looking for ways to save money? Instead of cashing checks at pawn-shops, liquor stores or cash advance places for 10% or more of the check’s value, see what local banks or credit unions can offer you free or low-cost accounts.
Even if you have never opened an account before or have had problems with a checking account in the past, banks and credit unions that have partnered with Bank On Louisville want to help you start saving money on check cashing fees so you can use it for the other things you need.
To get started:
1. Click here to read about the differences between check cashing services and banks or credit unions.
2. Read about the importance of financial education like the Start Fresh workshop and look for upcoming events that interest you.
3. Click here to view the services that Louisville area banks offer.
4. Contact us by email or by phone at 574.5156 or 311 if you have additional questions or concerns.
Our partnering banks and credit unions offer accounts with the following features:
- Low- or no-cost
- No monthly minimum balance
- Free ATM card
- Free online banking
- Acceptance of individuals in the ChexSystems Database (when history does not include fraud). Even if you have been turned down for a checking account in the past, you may qualify for an account with the help of a Start Fresh workshop Certificate of Completion.