County Attorney


File for Child Support


Mon.-Tues: Open 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Weds.: Open 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Closed 8:00AM - 10:00AM
(Except Appointments)
Thurs.: Open 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Closed 8:00AM - 12:00PM
(Except Appointments)
Fri.: Open 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Payment Window Open 8:00PM - 4:45PM Daily

(502) 574-8300
(phones answered M-F 9:00AM - 3:00PM)

Jefferson County Attorney's Child Support Customer Service:

24-hour Child Support Tip Hotline:
(502) 574-0821

Kentucky Automated Voice Response System:
1-(800) 443-1576

Kentucky Child Support Information:

The Jefferson County Attorney's Office, Child Support Division, through the Kentucky Cabinet for Families and Children, locates non-custodial parents and helps get financial and medical support from them for their children. The following services are available:

  • Location of non-custodial parents
  • Establishment of paternity*
  • Establishment of financial and medical support
  • Enforcement and collection of support payments
  • Enforcement of medical support
  • Review and modification of support orders*

*Either parent can request these actions

To provide these services the child support program works closely with federal, state and local agencies as well as employers.

Who is Eligible?

A parent or person who has physical custody of a child may apply for child support services. The Jefferson County Attorney charges no fee for these services.

What Kind of Information Do I Need to Provide to Obtain Child Support?

It is helpful if you can provide the non-custodial parent's address, social security number, date of birth, employer, bank account numbers, property holdings and investments. Look for this information in old insurance policies, credit card or other applications, state and federal tax returns, hospital records, police records and birth certificates.

You may be able to get information from the non-custodial parent's business associates, friends, or relatives. Also, please provide copies of any existing court orders and record of payments.

What if I Can't Find the Information and Don't Know Where the Non-custodial Parent Lives or Works

If you can provide the non-custodial parent's date of birth, father's name, and mother's maiden name, the child support agency may be able to obtain information from the Social Security Administration, the Internal Revenue Service, the Veterans' Administration, the Department of Defense, the Armed Forces, and/or the Selective Service Administration.

If you can provide the non-custodial parent's social security number, the child support agency can obtain information from all state and federal files. Be aware, however, that finding a non-custodial parent through these sources make take several months.

What if the Non-custodial Parent Lives in Another State?

The same location resources and services are available in all states. Although interstate cases are more difficult and generally take longer, new federal legislation and more computer links between states are improving interstate processing of child support.

How Can I Find Out More Information About Child Support Services?

An automated Voice Response System is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The system can answer your questions regarding general child support information, as well as court dates and payments on your case in English and Spanish.

Kentucky Automated Voice Response System:
               1 (800) 443-1576