Facilities covered by The Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) must submit an emergency and hazardous chemical inventory form to the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) and the local fire department annually. The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires the submission of Tier II forms and a local ordinance specifically requires electronic submission of the Tier II to the LEPC.
For a free download of Tier II submit software, go to the following website.
Tier II forms require basic facility identification information, employee contact information for both emergencies and non-emergencies, and information about chemicals stored or used at the facility:
- The chemical name or the common name as indicated on the MSDS;
- An estimate of the maximum amount of the chemical present at any time during the preceding calendar year and the average daily amount;
- A brief description of the manner of storage of the chemical;
- The location of the chemical at the facility; and
- An indication of whether the owner of the facility elects to withhold location information from disclosure to the public.
Learn More about Tier II
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
The Commonwealth of Kentucky