Home Study Guide
Home Study Guide in Chinese 中文
Home Study Guide in Spanish español
1989 Jefferson County Fiscal Court: A certified food service manager and/or food service employee is required to be on duty whenever the food service establishment is open for business or preparing food. All food service establishments are required to post the certificates issued by the Board of Health.
LMCO Chapter 118
Effective February 1, 2011 the fee for the Certified Food Service Manager Course will increase from $25.00 to $35.00 per person. The retest fee will increase from $13.00 to $15.00 per test. The fee adjustment is due to increase costs associated with the food safety certification program. Click here to learn more.
1. $35.00 check or money order payable to:
Louisville Metro Government
Att: Environmental Health Services
400 E. Gray St.
Louisville, KY 40202
or to apply and pay online click here.
2. Application filled out by employee enrolling in the course.
3. Home Study Booklet mailed to enrollee.
4. Contact Martha Gregory & Associates, Inc. to sign up for course. Phone: (502)458-0841
Training Center Location:
3010 Taylor Springs Dr.
Louisville, KY 40220
5. Three hour Sanitation Course, with up to one hour for the test. Each applicant has 90 days from date of enrollment to complete the course and examination with Martha Gregory and Associates. Failure to provide 24 hrs. advance notification of cancellation will result in the applicant losing their $35.00 fee.
6. Persons who fail the test and need to retake the exam must pay a $15 fee and retest within 60 days of initial test date.
7. Certification remains current for 3 years.
8. ServSafe, Prometric and the National Registry of Certified Food Professionals certificates will be accepted in lieu of the Food Service Managers course, for a fee of $35.00. Please submit original certificate, social security number and picture id along with the application for transfer.
9. Duplicate copies-$10.00