HERA Region VI
(Healthcare Emergency Response Association)
The Mission and Purpose for Region 6 HERA are:
To develop and promote the healthcare emergency preparedness and response capabilities in Kentucky, Region 6.
- To provide a forum for the healthcare community to interact with one another and other response agencies at a county, regional and state level to promote emergency preparedness.
- To coordinate and improve the delivery of healthcare emergency response services.
- To foster communication between local, regional and state entities on community-wide emergency planning and response.
- To ensure overall readiness through coordination of community–wide training and exercises.
- To promote preparedness in the healthcare community through standardized practices and integration with other response partners.
Region 6 Counties
For more information contact Linda Hawkins
at 574-6859 or send an email.
For up-to-date documents pertinent to HERA Region 6, please go to WebEOC. Members will first have to sign up thru Diane Bagby, EMA @ 572-3456. After opening the website, find your name, enter your password, and click “ok”. When Daily Ops w/month, year pops up, scroll down the page to "File – Library", select file desired.
2012 - 2014 HERA Leadership - Steering Committee
||University of Louisville Hospital|
||Baptist Hospital East|
|Hospital Preparedness Coordinator
||William "Billy" Young
||Robley Rex VAMC|
|Limited Care Behavior Health
|Long Term Care Representative
|Health Department Representative
|Medical Society Representative
Our General Membership include participation from:
|Baptist Hospital East
||Baptist Hospital Northeast|
|Jewish Hospital Healthcare
||Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital|
|Jewish Hospital Shelbyville
||Our Lady of Peace|
|Kosair Children’s Hospital
||Norton’s Healthcare System|
|Kindred Hospital Louisville
||University of Louisville|
|Robley Rex VA Medical Center
||Central State Hospital|
|The Brook – Dupont & KMI
||UofL / UK Geriatric|
|Medical Reserve Corps
||Bullitt County EMS|
|Oldham County EMS
||Shelby County EMS|
|Louisville Emergency Management Agency
||Oldham County Health Dept.|
Louisville Emergency Services Agency
|Bullitt County Health Dept.|
Louisville Metro Public Health & Wellness
|North Central Health Dept.|
|Kentucky Association of Healthcare Facilities (KAHF) Long Term Care|
Our Community Partners are:
|Amateur Radio (Races / ARES)
||American Red Cross|
|Federally Qualified Health Centers
||Greater Louisville Medical Society|
|KY Board of Emergency Services
||KY Community Crisis Response Board|
|KY Dept. for Behavioral Health
||KY Dept. of Public Health|
|KY Hospital Association
||Louisville Metro Police Department|
|KY Medical Examiners
|KY National & Air National Guard
||Seven Counties, Inc.|
||VA Area Emergency Manager|
|U of L School of Public Health & Information Sciences - Center for Hazards Preparedness|