Though Teen Birth Rates have declined over the past decade Metro Louisville Teen Birth Rates still remain higher than the national average and the U.S. has the highest teen birth rate of all developed countries. For infomation on teen births in Metro Louisville see our Health Status Assessment Report.
Through the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program, the Louivsille Metro Deprtment of Public Health and Wellness provides:
- Presentations to community groups and schools about Family Planning and other Teen Pregnancy issues including Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Resource materials including pamphlets, videos, an Empathy Belly and Baby Think It Over Dolls to help community groups and individuals make informed choices about their health.
- Condom Distribution
Presentations available on the following topics:
- Sexual Decision-Making
- Healthy Relationships
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Family Planning
- Dating Violence
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
Available for Technical Support, Training or Teaching Assistance on:
- TOP (Teen Outreach Program
- PSI (Postponing Sexual Involvement)
- RTR (Reducing The Risk)
- “Let’s Talk”- Parent education program
Scientific facts and information are obviously essential to our developing attitudes and behavior patterns which prepare us to cope with the day to day concerns, conflicts and pleasures arising from our sexuality. Sexuality is a fundamental dimension of human awareness and development. Sexuality education is a constant process starting at birth and continuing throughout one’s life.
The following pamphlets addressing various aspects of human sexuality are available from the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness Women's Health Program.
- Parents: Sex - Talking with Your Child
- Puberty: Growing Up (Female)
- Growing Up (Male)
- Understanding Menstruation
- Teens: 101 Ways to Say NO to Sex
Call 574-5291 for more information.