Wednesday May 7, 2014
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness and its community partners offer free stop smoking classes using the Cooper/Clayton method. The Cooper/Clayton method to stop smoking is a 13-week program that includes weekly support group meetings combined with the use of nicotine replacement products such as patches and gum. Participants receive free weekly supplies of nicotine replacement products for the first five weeks of the program.
Advance registration is required. To register phone 574 – STOP (574-7867) or email StopSmoking@louisvilleky.gov
Below is a list of upcoming classes. The date listed is the start day of the 13-week course. May 8
- Thursdays, 6:00 p.m., Camp Taylor Fire Department, 4649 Poplar Level Rd. May 13
- Tuesdays, 6:15 a.m. - 7:15 a.m., Metro Safe, 410 S. 5th St., 1st Floor break room. May 15
- Thursdays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., Park Du Valle Community Center, 3015 Wilson Ave. May 19
- Mondays, 6:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. Shawnee Christian Healthcare, 234 Amy Ave. May 26
- Mondays, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.-, Lyndon Fire Department, 8612 New LaGrange Rd. May 28
– Wednesdays, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., YMCA Southeast, 5930 Six Mile Ln. June 3
- Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Catholic Enrichment Center, 3146 W. Broadway. June 4
- Wednesdays, 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Mercer Transportation, 1200 Rowan St.