Healing Futures Fellowship Summer Program 2013
Program DateS: July 1, 2013 – August 9, 2013
Application Deadline: May 26, 2013 11:59 pm
To apply you must:
- Be a high school student and a resident of Louisville, Jefferson County Metro
- Student entering the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the fall of 2013
- Submit a completed application form, click here for the application (page 3), and a 500 word essay by the deadline
- If selected, be available to attend an interview (scheduled week of June 6, 2013), and the fellowship orientation (Saturday June 22nd, or Saturday 29th 2013)
- Be available for the entire six-week program from July 1 – August 9, 2013 (Monday-Friday)
Instructions: In your 500 word essay introduce yourself. We want to know who you are. Then share your views on at least one of the questions below: (Your application must be legible to be considered.)
- Do you think all young people in Louisville have the same opportunity to enjoy good health and quality of life?
- Have you personally ever experienced violence in your life? If so, how did you react to it? Did anyone help you deal with it?
- What ideas do you have that might help to prevent bullying, assaults, shooting or violence of any kind in Louisville?
- Share with us your insights and the talents you will bring to the group, as we explore issues of race, class, culture, gender, violence and inequities.
Submit your essay and your completed application by 11:59 pm on May 26, 2013 - to Healing Futures Fellowship 2013 via US mail, email or fax:
Healing Futures Fellowship 2013
2422 West Chestnut Street Louisville, Kentucky 40211