Click here for a larger, printable bike route map.- Coming soon!
Where does it start?
The bike start line is on Witherspoon Street at the top of the Great Lawn. Riders line up by experience, with the most experienced riders up front.
2014 Memorial Day Bike Route Detail:
- Start - Waterfront Park (Witherspoon) Near Floyd – east bound
- Witherspoon Street Right onto Preston Street
- Preston Street Right onto Main Street
- Main Street Left ont 3rd Street
- 3rd Street Right onto Southern Parkway
- Southern Parkway X Newcut Road to Rundill Road (Iroquois Park)
- Rundill Road Left Amphitheater Spray Ground parking lot
- Amphitheater lot Left Newcut Road to Southern Parkway
- Southern Parkway Right onto 3rd Street
- 3rd Street Right onto 2nd Street (at Confederate Monument)
- 2nd Street Right Market Street
- Market Street Left Floyd Street
- Floyd Street Witherspoon Street/Waterfront Park - END
Note: Helmets are highly recommended whenever you bike. However, you MUST wear a helmet if you are under 18 years old and you are riding in any Metro Park. See our bike laws page to learn more.
Click here to see how a helmet should fit.