Healthy Hometown Newsroom
Public Urged to Bike to Work on Friday May 30
Wednesday May 21, 2014
Leave your car at home and grab your bike for Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 30. Join Mayor Greg Fischer and others who will be commuting on two wheels.
Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or a first-time rider, you are urged to participate! There are five designated Meet & Ride locations in both Louisville and Jeffersonville Indiana. At each location, an experienced Ride Captain will be there to guide you on your commute. After work, meet up at Fourth Street Live at 5:15 p.m. to join your Ride Captains for the commute back to the Meet & Ride locations. Meet & Rides
(Meet at 7:00 a.m.)
- Seneca Park at the basketball court parking lot, just west of the tennis courts
- Tyler Park at the basketball court along Baxter Ave.
- Iroquois Park at the Amphitheater parking lot
- Shawnee Park at the Southwestern and Broadway entrance
- Southern Indiana at the Park and TARC at Illinois Ave and 9th St.
Be sure to join Bike Louisville at noon for the lunchtime celebration at Fourth Street Live! Meet up with commuters, learn more about bicycle commuting, visit with vendors and just celebrate the benefits of bicycling. One lucky Bike to Work Day registrant will win a Globe Daily 2 Bike with fenders and a front basket, courtesy of Parkside Bikes.
Visit www.louisvilleky.gov/bikelouisville for more information, including Meet & Ride maps and Bike to Work Day registration.