New Accounts / Transfers
New accounts are created for properties that already have water service. To open a new account or transfer an account to a different address, call our Customer Care Center at (502) 583-6610.
A $30 nonwaivable Service Activation Fee is required for all new services and transfers.
A $50 Service Deposit is required for customers who:
- have not had an account with Louisville Water for 3 consecutive years with no late payments.
- have had a previous account in bad debt or bankruptcy status.
- have had a service disconnected due to non-payment within the last 3 years of service.
The Service Deposit may be waived if a customer provides a letter of good credit from a previous water utility and/or if payments are automatically withdrawn from the customer's bank account.
If a customer has a returned check during the first 3 years of service or cancels automatic bank withdrawal, a Service Deposit will be charged.
The Service Deposit is credited to the water account when:
- the customer's account is closed.
- the customer has paid their bill on time for 3 consecutive years.