Louisville Water Prepared to Meet Community Water Needs
Friday June 29, 2012
Louisville Water has an abundant supply of safe, high-quality drinking water for the region. The city is fortunate to have the Ohio River as its source for drinking water. With up to 75 billion gallons of water flowing by Louisville every day, the river provides an abundant, reliable source. On Thursday, Louisville Water delivered 174 million gallons of its drinking water, Louisville pure tap®. The company expects no problems in meeting rising demands for water as the heat wave lingers.
During the extreme heat, Louisville Water reminds its customers to “water wisely.”
- Water plants and trees early in the morning to minimize evaporation.
- Control where the sprinkler is placed to avoid spilling water on sidewalks and driveways.
Hydration is key during hot weather.
- When you “feel” thirsty, you’ve waited too long to drink.
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning to start hydration.
- For children – water, not juice and other sugary drinks, is the best choice on a hot day.
Louisville Water provides Louisville pure tap® reusable bottles and containers to promote hydration. The company has provided coolers and cups to the city’s Neighborhood Places to assist with cooling stations.