See Louisville rankings and recognition
- One of the Top 10 "Best Cities for Families" by Parenting Magazine.
- One of the "Best Places to Live" by Men's Journal.
- Louisville's "City of Parks" project named a “Top 25” program in the Innovations in American Government Awards.
- Louisville awarded a $4.8 million grant by Bloomberg Philanthropies to improve city services and encourage innovation.
- One of the Top 10 "Tastiest Towns in the South" by Southern Living magazine.
- Best large city for relocating families, according to Worldwide ERC, Primacy Relocation and Bert Sperling of Sperling's BestPlaces.
- Eighth Safest City in America, by Morgan Quitno.
- One of America's 50 "Hottest Cities" for business expansion & relocation, by Expansion Management magazine.
- A bronze-level Bicycle Friendly Community! Awarded by the League of American Bicyclists two years ahead of our targeted goal.
- Fifth most affordable city for family health insurance, eHealthInsurance.
- Top city in the Southeast for manufacturing jobs, by Manufacturers’ News, Inc.
- Waterfront Park named one of the nation's Top Ten Urban Parks, by the Urban Land Institute.
- Ninth Fittest City in America, by Men’s Fitness magazine.
- Kentucky rated fourth most competitive state for attracting business, by Site Selection magazine.
- Seventh Safest City in America, by Morgan Quitno.
- Ranked 9th of the Top 20 Hot Headquarters Cities for the 21st Century, by Business Facilities magazine.
- Salary.com ranked Louisville the 15th best city for building personal net worth in its "Salary Value Index".
- Louisville Slugger Museum ranked as one of the great tourist tours in the country, by Fortune Magazine.
- One of America’s Most Livable Cities for 2004, by Partners for Livable Communities.
- Kentucky named 12th most attractive state in which to do business, by Site Selection Magazine.
- St. James Art Fair named Number 1 art show in U.S. by Sunshine Artist Magazine.
- Ranked 20th in the nation as a desirable point for business expansion or relocation, by Expansion Management magazine.
- AARP ranked Louisville 3rd best place for Hispanics to live.
- Ranked 13th of "America's Best Places to Live, Play and Work" by TCB Solutions.
- Named one of 11 midsize cities that embrace the high-tech economy and has good housing, neighborhoods and growing downtown, by Partners for Livable Communities.
- Among Inc. Magazine’s 25 Top Places to Do Business
- Named one of 25 “good buy” venues by EXPO Magazine (using federal per diem rates and avg daily hotel rates).
- Waterfront Park named #1 Best Lawn for Family Fun, by Briggs & Stratton.
- Entrepreneur magazine ranked Louisville 15th in the nation and 2nd in the Midwest as a great place to start and run a business.
- JCPS named one of four finalists for Broad Foundation’s 2003 Prize for Urban Education (awarded to the urban school district making the greatest overall improvement in student achievement while at the same time reducing achievement gaps across ethnic groups and between high- and low-income students)
- Ranked 9th among Entrepreneurial Hot Spots by Cognetics – the Best Places in America to Start and Grow a Company.
- Ranked #1 for Best City for Small Business Growth by Entrepreneur magazine.
- Ranked 2nd for Logistics Cities in the Midwest, by Expansion Management magazine.
- Ranked 22nd out of 329 MSAs for Best Locations to Locate a Company, by Expansion Management magazine.
- Kentucky ranked 2nd among nation’s most competitive states for economic development, according to Site Selection magazine.