Thursday December 10, 2009
Suggestions Will Be Shared With President Obama
At the request of President Barack Obama, Mayor Jerry Abramson today hosted a round-table meeting of small business leaders to brainstorm ideas for creating jobs and speeding economic recovery.
President Obama asked a number of mayors across the country to host meetings with business leaders to discuss additional steps the federal government can take to stimulate job growth.
Mayor Abramson invited about 20 small-business leaders from the Louisville area to a 90-minute meeting to offer ideas that he will share with the White House. Leaders include:
· Jonathan Blue, Blue Equity
· Paul Borgman, Smoothstone IP Communications
· Doug Cobb, Appriss Inc.
· Jim Fugitte, Wind Energy Corp.
· Michael Grisanti, Qdoba Restaurants
· Audwin Helton, Spatial Data Integrations
· Jimmy Kirchdorfer, ISCO Industries
· Tom Masterson, TEM Electric
· Mary Moseley, Galt House, Al J. Schneider Co.
· David Nicklies, Nicklies Development
· Kent Oyler, OPM Services
· Ted Parker, Commonwealth Bank
· Joe Lee Phillips, American Ready Mix
· Joe Pusateri, Elite Homes
· Joe Reagan, Greater Louisville Inc.
· Denise Spalding, Allegra Print & Imaging
· Christy Stanfield, TKT & Associates, Inc.
· Evelyn Strange, Advanced Electrical Systems, Inc.
· Steve Trager, Republic Bank
· Michael White, America’s Finest Filters
Government officials participating in the meeting include John Esham, Governor Steve Beshear’s Office; Bruce Traughber, Metro Louisville Economic Development Department; and Michael Gritton, Kentuckiana Works.