Mayor Greg Fischer Newsroom
Mayor Fischer Names Search Committee for Health Director
Friday January 14, 2011
Six-person team to begin work immediately
Mayor Greg Fischer today named a six-person committee to conduct a national search for a new director of the city’s Public Health and Wellness Department.
“As I said in my Inaugural address, one of my chief goals is to make Louisville a healthier city – and that starts with finding the best person in the world to lead the city’s health department,” Fischer said.
The committee includes:
· Sadiqa Reynolds, Chief of Community Building for Mayor Fischer
· Bill Altman, Chairman of the Louisville Board of Health
· Bill Wagner, Director of Louisville Family Health Centers
· Richard Clover, Dean of the U of L School of Public Health and Information Sciences
· Dr. Allan Tasman, University of Louisville Department of Psychiatry
· F. Bruce Williams, Pastor, Bates Memorial Baptist Church in Smoketown
· Kellie Watson, Director of Louisville Metro Human Resources, or her designee.
Fischer said he wants a new director named as soon as possible.