Metro Council Calendar
New Directions Housing Corporations - "Repair Affair"
New Directions Housing Corporations - 1000 E. Liberty St. Louisville, KY 40204
Wednesday, January 01, 2014
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Repair Affair mobilizes resources and volunteers to make repairs on homes owned by low income homeowners who are elderly or disabled. The focus of Repair Affair is on home safety, security, weatherizing, and neighborhood stability. Most repairs are completed in one day. Repair Affair volunteers are able to complete repairs because generous donors keep them equipped. Donations are used to purchase materials and tools, and donated repair materials are put to work.
APPLICATIONS FOR REPAIR AFFAIR ASSISTANCE ARE ACCEPTED ANNUALLY JANUARY 1ST - MARCH 30TH.
How Homes are Chosen:
- wheelchair ramps
- handrails and grab bars
- door and window repair
- minor electrical and plumbing repairs
- roof repair
- interior and exterior painting
- yard work and clean-up
- Repair Affair recipients must:
- Own and reside in the home
- Be at least 60 years old or certified as disabled
- Be of low income (50% of area median income or less)
- Live in Louisville, Kentucky or Floyd or Clark County Indiana
For Additional Information: