The Louisville Metro Parks Foundation (LMPF) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization which works with Louisville Metro Parks to raise funds and resources to preserve, protect, promote and improve Louisville’s recreational opportunities, and supports the mission of Metro Parks by coordinating financial and volunteer assets.
Our purpose is to identify, and strengthen financial support for park improvements and environmental improvement strategies through corporate, civic and citizen participation. This is accomplished by in-kind and financial gifts through memberships, grants, corporate sponsorships, wills, memorials and other contributions as identified by the foundation.
Since its incorporation in late 2005, the Foundation has helped achieve nearly $3 million in improvements to Louisville’s parks, conservation areas and recreation programs, including:
- 1/3 mile walking path at Breslin Park
- a matching grant to the Louisville Extreme Skate Park Ambassadors for improvements to the Louisville Extreme State Park
- the purchase of a 95-acre property near Fern Creek that will be developed into a new park.
- the purchase and preservation of a 5-acre wooded property in the Clifton Heights area.
- funding for a master planning effort in the Jefferson Memorial Forest.
- a new playground area at South Louisville Community Center.
- a pottery program at Beechmont Community Center.
The LMPF is dedicated to future generations of Louisville residents through efforts to improve and expand our gift of parks and open space. Your gift received and managed by the Louisville Metro Parks Foundation will enable us to provide additional amenities above and beyond what your tax revenues are able to accomplish alone.
We recognize that it wouldn’t be possible to reach our goals if it were not for generous philanthropic gestures from large-hearted individuals and corporations in our city. If you would like to get involved in the effort to improve our city’s parks and expand our recreational opportunities, please contact the Parks Foundation!
Contact or Donate
Louisville Metro Parks Foundation
PO Box 37280
Louisville, KY 40233-7280
Board of Directors
Paul Buddeke, Chair
David Klein, Chairman Emeritus
Erika Nelson - Metro Parks Liaison