Tuesday June 26, 2012
Metro Parks is offering an affordable family golfing package at its nine golf courses on the Fourth of July.
For only $20, a family of up to four members can play nine holes at any Metro Parks course. The $20 includes greens and cart fees, and families can take advantage of the deal after 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4.
Important: Families should call in advance to book a tee time at the golf course of their choice!
“Cookouts may be the traditional activity for Independence Day,” Said Metro Parks Director Mike Heitz, “But golfing is a great way to spend time with your family and still have time for fireworks.”
Metro Parks golf courses are open from daylight to dark seven days a week, and each course has a fully stocked pro shop. Private lessons are available from a PGA Professional at each clubhouse.
For More Information
Check our website for discount updates at http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/golf/golfspecials.htm.
About Metro Parks Golf
Louisville's nine public golf courses offer a quality golfing experience at some of the most affordable prices in the nation. Each course has its own unique character, and some consistently rank among Kentucky's best and most challenging courses. The nine municipally-owned golf courses meet the needs of everyone from beginners to scratch golfers. For more information, visit http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/golf.
• Bobby Nichols Golf Course, 4301 E. Pages Lane, 502/937-9051 (9 holes)
• Charlie Vettiner Golf Course, 10207 Mary Dell Lane, 502/267-9958 (18 holes)
• Cherokee Golf Course, 2501 Alexander Road, 502/458-9450 (9 holes)
• Crescent Hill Golf Course, 3110 Brownsboro Road, 502/896-9193 (9 holes)
• Iroquois Golf Course, 1501 Rundill Road, 502/363-9520 (18 holes)
• Long Run Golf Course, 1605 Flat Rock Road, 502/245-9015 (18 holes)
• Seneca Golf Course, 2300 Pee Wee Reese Blvd, 502/458-9298 (18 holes)
• Shawnee Golf Course, 460 Northwestern Parkway, 502/776-9389 (18 holes)
• Sun Valley Golf Course, 6505 Bethany Lane, 502/937-9228 (18 holes)