Wednesday February 6, 2013
Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation offers many ways to treat your Valentine to a special gift this year, with a selection that includes items that will appeal to golfers, nature enthusiasts, swimmers, history, art and music lovers!
2013 Metro Parks Golf Discount Book
Swing by any Metro Parks public golf course to pick up the 2013 Metro Parks Golf Discount Book. This $25 gift provides hundreds of dollars of savings throughout the year and are on sale at all nine public golf courses. In addition, the clubhouse pro shops at each course feature golfing accessories and apparel.
Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center
A gift card from the Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center can be applied toward memberships, swimming lessons and more. Enjoy the aquatic center for lap swim, water exercise, and family pool time, or work up a sweat in the weight room that features Cybex, free weight and cardio equipment.
Metro Arts Center
Give the gift of art and music with a gift certificate from the Metro Arts Center. Certificates can be purchased in any amount and used for a wide variety of lessons for adults and children, including painting, pottery, screenprinting and silversmithing, as well as guitar and flute.
Jefferson Memorial Forest
For lovers of the great outdoors, the Welcome Center at Jefferson Memorial Forest carries wildlife guides, nature-themed jewelry, sweatshirts and caps. Gift cards are available for purchase, too, and can be used for any of the gift shop items, as well as camping fees, shelter rentals and children’s summer camp fees.
Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing
For the history lover, Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing offers gifts including locally-produced honey, books on local history, historical reproductions of children’s items—small toys, games, bonnets and hats—and hand-rolled beeswax candles in seasonal colors.
For more information:
Metro Parks Golf Courses (call individual courses for hours and payment information)
• Bobby Nichols Golf Course, 4301 E. Pages Lane, 502/937-9051 (9 holes)
• Charlie Vettiner Golf Course, 10207 Mary Dell Lane, 502/267-9958 (18 holes)
• Cherokee Golf Course, 2501 Alexander Road, 502/458-9450 (9 holes)
• Crescent Hill Golf Course, 3110 Brownsboro Road, 502/896-9193 (9 holes)
• Iroquois Golf Course, 1501 Rundill Road, 502/363-9520 (18 holes)
• Long Run Golf Course, 1605 Flat Rock Road, 502/245-9015 (18 holes)
• Seneca Golf Course, 2300 Pee Wee Reese Blvd, 502/458-9298 (18 holes)
• Shawnee Golf Course, 460 Northwestern Parkway, 502/776-9389 (18 holes)
• Sun Valley Golf Course, 6505 Bethany Lane, 502/937-9228 (18 holes)
Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center, 502-897-9949
Metro Arts Center, 502-937-2055
Jefferson Memorial Forest, 502-368-5404
Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing, 502-935-6809