Metro Parks and the Department of Health & Wellness are collaborating to offer free fitness classes at various Metro Parks Community Centers! These free fitness classes will be offered by Certified Personal Trainers. Metro Parks and the Department of Health & Wellness are collaborating to bring these classes to the public.
For more information, contact Kendria Rice-Locket at 502-744-0534 or send her an e-mail.
* For instructor bios, click here.
Metro Parks is now offering free fitness classes held at various parks locations. All classes are taught by certified fitness trainers. All classes will begin May 23 and end June 17. No classes Monday May 30.
Cherokee Park Hogan’s Fountain Shelter
6 p.m., Wednesdays 11 a.m.
Shelby Park Picnic Shelter
Thursdays 10 a.m.
Rubel Park Picnic Shelter
Mondays 7:30 p.m.
Petersburg Park Picnic Shelter Tuesday
Thursdays 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
South Louisville CC Gym
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Southwick Gym Mondays
Wednesdays 6 p.m.
All fitness classes are 1 hour, please bring a water bottle, water will be provided.
Call the rain out line at 458-0142 for cancellations due to rain or temperatures reaching above 90 degrees.
In addition, Metro Parks is now partnering with the Healthways SilverSneakers fitness program! Free classes for seniors will be offered at the community centers at the corresponding times. Please call the center for more information.
- Flaget Senior Center – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10-11 a.m. 502/574-2831
- Beechmont Community Center – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10-11 a.m. 502/361-5484
- California Community Center – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. – noon. 502/574-2658
- Sun Valley Community Center – Wednesdays and Fridays – 10-11 a.m. 502/937-8802