Personal Safety in your Car
1. When driving your car, keep your doors locked and windows rolled up.
2. If you stop in traffic or at a light, keep your car in drive and stay alert.
3. Never pick up hitchhikers.
4. Travel on well-lighted, busy streets. Avoid unsafe areas.
5. Check your daily routes -- look for safe places to stop, such as police or fire stations, all-night convenience stores or gas stations.
6. If you are being followed, go up to a public place that is safe and call 911. Don't bring the problem home with you.