| Adult Protective Services
| Attorney General's Office
(Consumer Protection Hotline)
| Crimes Against Seniors Squad
| ElderServe Emergency Crisis
| Guardianship Court
| Legal Aid Society
| Office for Aging &
| U of L Healthcare
Things to be aware of:
- Telemarketing Fraud
- Fraudulent Charities
- Home Improvement Scams
- Identity Theft
- Purse Snatching
- Pigeon Drops
- Sweepstakes Scams
The following steps may prevent you from being scammed:
- Request any solicitations in writing.
- Never give personal information to someone you don't know.
- Don't be pressured into contributing or making decisions about a major purchase.
- NEVER pay in full before services are rendered.
- Never send money for free gifts.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau before hiring someone to do work for you.
- Shred any personal information before discarding.
- Never carry large sums of money on you, as well as, valuable jewelry or all your credit cards.
- REMEMBER, if it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!
Click here to print a form to help protect you from door-to-door scams.
Other Crime Prevention Tips
The Senior Crime Victims' Program assists elderly victims (60+) who reside in the Metro Louisville/Jefferson County area.
These crimes include: elder abuse, neglect, sexual abuse, financial exploitation and identity theft or fraud.
Two emergency services are:
Emergency Crisis Response Team
This team provides immediate, short-term emergency shelter and home care services to Metro Louisville seniors (age 60 +) who are experiencing abuse, neglect or exploitation as a result of crime.
Who is eligible? Senior victims of:
- Domestic violence
- Sexual assault
- Financial exploitation
- Related crimes
Victims suffering from mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse must be evaluated for approval.
Victims of self-neglect are not eligible.
Clients MUST be able to administer their own medications.
Clients MUST be referred through Adult Protective Services, Crisis and Information Center, ElderShelter or other referral source.
In-home Emergency Protective Order Service
This service assists in the issuance of Emergency Protective Orders (EPOs) for medically fragile/homebound elderly victims of abuse.