633 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone (502) 574-2057
Major Eddie Jones -- Email
Lieutenant Chapin Jones -- Email
- Asset Forfeiture: Tracks and controls all property seized by the Narcotics Division by assisting detectives in determining the basis for a criminal or civil seizure/forfeiture action.
- Evidence Handling Team: Processes and controls all evidence relating to controlled substances seized by members of the LMPD and the Narcotics Division.
- Technical Operations Team: Provides operational support for all specialized investigative equipment and provides specialized equipment and expertise in matters regarding electronic surveillance.
- Task Force Officers: Works with various federal law enforcement agencies.
- Homeland Security: Provides the basis for prevention, readiness and response to acts of terrorism, major disasters and other emergencies.
- Auto Theft Investigations: Investigates impounded vehicles to determine if they are stolen and/or may have stolen property contained in , or on, them. Provides technical and investigative support for auto theft investigations. Provides assistance to personnel of the LMPD and other agencies, as requested, on issues of motor vehicle identification and stolen property.
- Pawn Shop Investigations: Conducts physical examinations of pawn shops, inspects pawn shop records to ensure compliance with applicable state statutes and local ordinances and assists members with issues associated with pawn shops or property from pawn shops.
- Metal Theft Investigations: Conducts inspections of metal salvage and scrap dealers to ensure compliance with applicable state statutes and local ordinances and assists members with issues surrounding metal/salvage locations and their role in ongoing investigations.
Major Case Investigation Unit
Lieutenant Jesse Duncan -- Email
Major Case Squad: Conducts short-term and long-term narcotic and weapon violation investigations, investigates organized criminal enterprises involved in criminal activity to include narcotics, weapons or suspected criminal gang activity, human trafficking and vice-related crimes (e.g. gambling, handbooks, escort services, prostitution) and enforce statutes or regulations involving controlled substance violations that occur through interstate and international commerce and controlled prescription substance offenses involving the use or sale of prescription medications.
- Airport Interdiction Team: Enforces controlled substance violations that occur through interstate and international commerce.
Complaint Response Unit
Lieutenant Brian Thompson -- Email
- Narcotics Complaint Squad: Handles narcotics complaints, mid-level drug investigations, vice/human trafficking investigations and investigations outside of the scope of patrol division flex platoons.
- Script Squad: Conducts investigations pertaining to all complaints related to forged, altered or otherwise fraudulent prescriptions.
For Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), please click here.