Metro TV will accomplish its mission through the following goals:
- To develop professional quality programming for cablecast on Louisville Metro’s government access channel.
- To provide programming that is fair, accurate, balanced and without regard to partisanship or ideology.
- To increase citizen access to Metro government meetings through live and recorded gavel-to-gavel televised coverage.
- To inform citizens on the operations and activities of Louisville Metro government and its agencies.
- To provide informative television programs of interest and value to residents which are not otherwise available or provided by other sources.
- To provide programming through which the quality of community life may be improved and viewership of the government access channel may be increased.
- To cover public issues of concern to residents.
- To provide services within reasonable accommodation to afford an individual with a disability an equal opportunity to participate in, and enjoy the benefits of Metro TV.
- To provide residents a source of direct unfiltered information in emergency situations.
- To create a library of programming for historical preservation.
- To use community resources and college interns in programming the government channel to maximize programming and minimize costs.