Slugger Field Flu Shot Clinic Set for Sunday
Wednesday October 15, 2008
Slugger Field Flu Shot Clinic Set for Sunday LOUISVILLE, Ky. (October 15, 2008) The Louisville Department of Public Health and Wellness will hold its annual Louisville Slugger Flu Shot Clinic at 401 E. Main Street on Sunday, October 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Shots will be available for everyone 6 months of age and older. There will be plenty of free parking and no appointments are necessary.
Flu shots cost $30. The nasal flu mist costs $35. (The nasal flu mist can be used for healthy people age 2 – 49 years only). Medicare Part B and Passport will cover the cost for those with those insurance plans. The Department of Public Health and Wellness never turns anyone away because of inability to pay.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention especially recommends that people who are at high risk of having serious flu complications or people who live with or care for those at high risk for serious complications get a flu shot each year. These people are:
- Children aged six months up to their 19th birthday
- Pregnant women People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than six months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
For information, phone 311 or visit www.louisvilleky/health