Monday August 14, 2006
WorldFest Poster Signing by Local Artist
Special WorldFest souvenir posters will be available for sale at ValuMarket with the poster artist, Nico Jorcino, a native of Buenos Aires, Argentina, on hand to sign purchased posters. WorldFest is a free two-day celebration of international music, food, crafts and children's activities in honor of Louisville's rich ethnic diversity held on Labor Day weekend.
The Louisville Metro Office for International Affairs, Nico Jorcino and LaCaliente Radio
Saturday, August 26
1 to 3 p.m.
ValuMarket store in Iroquois Manor
Located in south Louisville, off of 3rd Street south of Watterson Expressway
· Nico Jorcino, a local artist originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, is the winner of the first poster competition.
· He is a founding member of The Adorno Studio in Louisville. Inspired by his experiences as an American immigrant and his interest in architecture and urban planning, he has created a body of work where he explores relationships as a means of humanistic forms of art. He has studied art and architecture at numerous schools in Argentina - including The School of Architecture and Urban Planning at The University of Buenos Aires.
· Posters will be sold for $8 each and will also be available for sale at WorldFest
· La Caliente Radio station (620 AM) is hosting a live radio remote during the poster signing
· An independent panel of local artists selected his design. The panel included artists Julius Friedman, John Begley, Susan Coleman, Bob Markert and Monica Key from Adhawks Advertising. Local international artists who have worked with the Office for International Affairs were invited to submit designs for the contest.
· Presenting sponsor of WorldFest is ValuMarket with support by Budweiser
· Contact MetroCall 311 or (502) 574-5000, visit Louisville Metro's web site, www.louisvilleky.gov/international
Rebecca Brenzel, 574-2673 / 759-7684
Omar Ayyash, 574-1443 / 432-9088