Mayor Announces New Recycling Site
Friday March 24, 2006
Expands Service for Suburban Residents
Mayor Jerry Abramson today announced another expansion of recycling opportunities for Louisville’s suburban residents. This free benefit is part of the city’s continued efforts to expand services for citizens.
The city’s newest drop-off recycling center is located at the Lyndon Fire Department, 8414 Westport Road
. There are now 17 recycling drop-off centers located in strategic areas to serve suburban residents who may not have access to curbside recycling service.
“I’m pleased that we’re able to enhance our recycling opportunities by adding this additional location - making it even more convenient for our residents to recycling no matter where they live,” Abramson said. “Half of all residential waste can be recycled. Reducing the amount of garbage we send to the landfill saves taxpayer dollars and protects the environment.”
The new location is unattended. Other unattended drop-off centers include:
- Louisville Fire Co. - 3228 River Park Drive
- Louisville Fire Co. - 235 E. Jefferson Street
- Louisville Fire Co. - 1500 S. 6th Street
- Louisville Fire Co. - 2620 Frankfort Avenue
- Louisville Fire Co. - 2900 Hikes Lane
- Louisville Fire Co. - 4535 Manslick Road
- Fern Creek Firehouse - 7700 Routt Road
- Middletown Firehouse - 108 Urton Lane
- Beechmont Community Center - 205 W. Wellington Ave.
- Metro Parks - 1297 Trevilian Way (across from Zoo)
- Bowman Field Driver’s License Branch - 3501 Roger E. Schupp Street.
The city also has five attended recycling centers, open Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Those centers include:
- Louisville Metro Public Works - 595 Hubbards Lane
- Southwest Government Center - 7219 Dixie Highway
- Louisville Metro Parks Landscaping, - 9300 Whipps Mill Road
- Central Government Center - 7201 Outer Loop
- Fairdale Community Center (adjacent to) - 10620 W. Manslick Road
Click here to find out what Recyclable Materials are accepted at the unattended and attended recycling centers.