Extended hours for Lifeguard and Qualified Attendant permit testing
Friday May 19, 2006
The Louisville Metro Health Department will be extending hours for testing and processing of the required permits for Lifeguards and Qualified Pool Attendants.
WHY: Memorial Weekend traditionally signals the opening of swimming pools in our community. In an effort to accommodate the candidates for Lifeguard and Qualified Pool Attendant certification and to assist the aquatic community to appropriately staff the swimming pools and ensure the safety of citizens in our community. Last year the Health Department certified approximately 1500 lifeguards and pool attendants.
WHERE: In the Forum on the first floor of the Louisville Metro Health Department, 400 East Gray Street
WHEN: Sunday, May 21, 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Monday – Friday, May 22 – May 26, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday – Friday, May 30 – June 2, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
COST: Permit cost is $20.00 Checks should be made out to Louisville Metro Government. No credit cards or debit cards accepted.
• Please arrive one hour prior to closing time to ensure enough time to take the written test and obtain your permit.
• Candidates for Lifeguard and Pool Attendant must have already completed the required annual swim test for Lifeguards or the Poolside Rescue Class for Pool Attendants. Passing grade for written test is 80.
• All candidates for Lifeguard or Pool Attendant must be able to present proof of identification (picture ID) and age; 16 years or older (driver’s license or birth certificate).
• Candidates for Lifeguard certification must be able to present the original certification cards for Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR for the Professional.
• Candidates for Pool Attendant must be able to present the original certification cards for First Aid and CPR (certification with adult, child and infant CPR).
CONTACT: Ann Wethington, Environmental Health Education Specialist,