Friday October 4, 2013
For Immediate Release:
Office of the President
Louisville Metro Council
Contact: Tony Hyatt 574-4137 / 526-3622
Louisville – Since 1982, the Louisville Zoo has provided a safe, fun Halloween for the children of Metro Louisville and the region. This year, over four weekends in October, the “World’s Largest Halloween Party” will once again get underway for little ghouls, goblins, witches and maybe a princess or two or a superhero.
“The Louisville Zoo’s Halloween Party is a great tradition for many families and District 10 is proud to continue sponsorship of this special event for children of all ages,” says President Jim King. “It is a chance for children and their parents to have a good time and to enjoy one of the great attractions in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the Louisville Zoo.”
This year the event will run on the following dates: October 4-6, October 10-13, October 17-20 and October 24-27, 2013. Guests can enter the Halloween party hours are from 5:00pm until 8:30pm.
The Zoo offers some important party tips this year:
· Trick-or-treating for kids 11 and under!
· Kids - Bring Your Own Treat Bag - help us be “green”
(cloth bags will be available for sale for $2)
· Event is rain or shine. No refunds or exchanges
· This is a non-smoking event
· Zoo admission gates close early to daytime visitors on Halloween Party nights: gates close at 3 p.m., stay until 4 p.m.
· Visit some of our late night Party animals (weather permitting). You are most likely to see flamingos, snow leopards, bongos, rhinos and giraffes. Many others retire to their bedrooms; some are not out for their health and safety during this event. The HerpAquarium remains open during the event so visit our creepy and crawliest inhabitants.
· This event is geared toward young children. Adults may NOT wear masks that cover their faces.
For more information about the “World’s Largest Halloween Party” go on line to http://www.louisvillezoo.org/halloween/. The Louisville Zoo is located at 110 Trevilian Way.
Jim King (D) 10