Friday March 18, 2011
October 24, 2011
- The Department of Highways District 5 Office advises motorists that construction crews will start blasting work on the southbound shoulder of I-265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) near the U.S. 60 (Shelbyville Road) interchange Tuesday, October 25th between 1 and 4 p.m.
Blasting work will continue in the same area each weekday between 1 and 4 p.m. for approximately two weeks. During blasting, traffic in both directions will be stopped from five to 15 minutes.
Temporary traffic stops will also occur on Shelbyville Road between North English Station Road and Beckley Woods Drive.
Motorists are encouraged to watch for traffic slowdowns in the blasting area and to consider using alternate routes.
March 18, 2011 - The Department of Highways District 5 Office advises motorists to be aware of impending construction at the interchange of Interstate 265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) and US 60 (Shelbyville Road). Work is scheduled to begin on Tuesday evening, March 22nd to perform interchange improvements that will enhance capacity and safety.
In addition, asphalt resurfacing will occur on I-265 between Interstate 64 and US 60 (mile points 25.4 and 26.7). On average, 76,000 vehicles travel this section of roadway each day.
Gohmann Asphalt and Construction was awarded the contract for this project in the amount of $7.34 million. The work is scheduled for completion by November 30, 2011.
As part of this project the following work will be performed at the interchange of I-265 and Shelbyville Road (US 60):
- A deceleration lane will be added on northbound I-265 at the exit ramp to US 60.
- An acceleration lane will be added to the entrance ramp from US 60 to southbound I-265.
- Entrance ramp from US 60 to southbound I-265 will become a 2-lane ramp.
- An additional left turn lane will be added from westbound US 60 to southbound I-265.
- An additional left turn lane will be added from southbound I-265 to eastbound US 60.
- The exit ramp from northbound I-265 will have two left turn lanes to westbound US 60 and two right turn lanes to eastbound US 60.
- The right turn lane on westbound US 60 at English Station Road will be extended back to the exit ramp from southbound I-265.
- A multi-use path will be constructed on the north side of US 60 between English Station Road and Beckley Woods Drive
- Overhead lighting will be upgraded.
- Traffic signals and signage will be improved.
The roadway may be reduced to one lane weeknights Monday – Thursday from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. the following morning. On weekends, lane closures are possible from 8:00 p.m. on Friday until 5:00 a.m. on Monday. Lane closures will not be allowed on holidays and during Thunder Over Louisville, Kentucky Derby Week and the Senior PGA event at Valhalla Golf Club.
The speed limit in the work zone will be reduced to 55 MPH.
The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.