Wednesday February 23, 2011
Committee named to conduct top-to-bottom review of department
Mayor Fischer announced today that Planning and Design Services will be the third Metro Government department to undergo a top-to-bottom review. An eight-member committee, made up of both public and private citizens, has been appointed to assist in the performance audit.
At the start of his administration, Fischer pledged to ensure that every city department is operating at top efficiency. Reviews of Metro Public Works and Metro Animal Services are currently underway.
The committee will examine Planning and Design’s current policies and procedures and explore ways to make the department more customer friendly for both developers and neighborhoods.
“I want our Planning and Design department to be the best in the country,” Fischer said. “By focusing on customer service and improving our problem-solving skills, we can encourage responsible development, business and job growth in all areas of Louisville.”
The eight-person Planning and Design Audit Committee includes:
· Bill Bardenwerper, Attorney
· Tommy Clark, Office of the Mayor
· Tom Fitzgerald, Kentucky Resource Council
· Gabe Fritz, The Housing Partnership
· Chuck Kavanaugh, Home Builders Association
· Gale Lively, Louisville Apartment Association
· Jim Mims, Director, Inspections, Metro Codes and Regulations
· Steve Porter, Attorney