Thursday October 27, 2011
Five Local Businesses Approved for Small Business Loans
Loans will help start new businesses, improve facades and accessibility
LOUISVILLE (October 27, 2011) – A total of $255,853 in loans was approved by the Louisville Metropolitan Business Development Corporation. These loans will leverage nearly $1.6 million in total investment.
· $30,000 loan to Highview Hardware, LLC, located at 7400 Fegenbush Lane. The loan will allow owner Dennis and Paul Didio to purchase the business from former owners James Kaiser and Keith Page.
· $63,000 loan to Valley Childcare Inc., located at 5417 Valley Station Road. The loan will allow owner Richard Morris to open a second childcare facility, creating 20 new jobs.
· $75,000 loan to M&A’, LLC (d/b/a Come Back Inn), located at 909 Swan Street. This loan will allow owners Marie Clark and Amy Zaragoza to purchase the popular eatery business from former owners Mark and Gina Wagner.
· $50,000 façade loan and $10,000 accessibility loan to LOU FROMKY Industries, Inc, located at 801 S. 8th Street. These loans will allow owner David Dafoe to improve an old garage, turning it into a state-of-the-art product development services center for training people to develop and create distilled spirits.
· $27,853 façade loan to Silent W, LLC (dba Barry Wooley Designs), located at 835 E. Main Street. The loan will allow the business, a tenant in the building, to make improvements to the façade of the building, including painting, awnings, a decorative fence, new signage and replacing broken windows.
For more information about the city’s small-business loan program, visit http://www.louisvilleky.gov/economicdevelopment/METCO.htm.