Interstate 265 Ramp Widening Begins
Tuesday September 13, 2011
Work to Improve Traffic during I-64 Bridge Closure
To improve traffic flow during the Sherman Minton Bridge closure, the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is expanding I-265 ramps at I-64 and I-65 from one to two lanes. Starting today, motorists should anticipate delays between the morning and evening rush hours while paving and striping crews work in the area.
Anticipated start times for construction are listed below. This expedited construction work should be completed by the end of this week, weather permitting.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Morning: I-265 westbound ramp to I-64 westbound
- Afternoon: I-64 eastbound ramp to I-265 eastbound
Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Afternoon: I-265 eastbound ramp to I-65 southbound
Everyone plays an important role to ensure traffic in the Louisville metro flows smoothly during the closure of the I-64 Sherman Minton Bridge. INDOT and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet encourage commuters to:
- Leave early and pack patience
- Carpool or use public transit where possible
- Arrange telecommute or staggered shifts with your employer