Golf Course Rate Increases Take Effect April 1
Wednesday March 31, 2010
LOUISVILLE (March 31, 2010) – For the first time in two years, Metro Parks has adopted minimal increases in greens fees at the nine public golf courses it operates throughout Louisville. The new rates take effect on April 1.
The increases do not exceed $0.50 per 18-hole round, and in many cases are only $0.25. Rates for senior citizens, junior golfers, and people who purchased annual passes are not changing. Rates during twilight hours are also unaffected.
Prior to this year, Metro Parks had increased greens fees only twice since 2000. Rate increases are tied to the Consumer Price Index, a measure of the average price of consumer goods and services purchased by households.
Metro Parks Director Mike Heitz says the municipal courses remain the best bargain around for the novice or advanced golfer, even with the increases.
“We price our golf rates to be as affordable as possible without using a single tax dollar to operate our nine golf courses,” said Heitz. “When our costs rise, we have to pass those costs along to our golf customers. We are pleased we can continue to offer golfers an experience in terms of price and quality that is unmatched by cities of our size in this region.”
For a chart describing the rate increases for each individual course, and more information on our golf courses, please visit http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/golf/.
About Metro Parks Golf:
Louisville's nine public golf courses offer a quality golfing experience at some of the most affordable prices in the nation. Each course has its own unique character, and some consistently rank among Kentucky's best and most challenging courses. Metro Parks operates nine municipally-owned golf courses that are challenging to everyone from beginners to scratch golfers.
- Bobby Nichols Golf Course, 4301 E. Pages Lane, 502/937-9051 (9 holes)
- Charlie Vettiner Golf Course, 10207 Mary Dell Lane, 502/267-9958 (18 holes)
- Cherokee Golf Course, 2501 Alexander Road, 502/458-9450 (9 holes)
- Crescent Hill Golf Course, 3110 Brownsboro Road, 502/896-9193 (9 holes)
- Iroquois Golf Course, 1501 Rundill Road, 502/363-9520 (18 holes)
- Long Run Golf Course, 1605 Flat Rock Road, 502/245-9015 (18 holes)
- Seneca Golf Course, 2300 Pee Wee Reese Blvd, 502/458-9298 (18 holes)
- Shawnee Golf Course, 460 Northwestern Parkway, 502/776-9389 (18 holes)
- Sun Valley Golf Course, 6505 Bethany Lane, 502/937-9228 (18 holes)