Friday January 11, 2013
For Immediate Release:
Louisville Metro Council
Contact: Tony Hyatt 574-4137 / 526-3622
Louisville – During the month of January, The Shawnee Neighborhood Planning Committee and Councilwoman Cheri Bryant Hamilton (D-5) will host a series of “mobile workshops” in the Shawnee Neighborhood to get resident input on funding priorities in five key areas of the neighborhood.
Those key areas are: Economic Development, Health, Housing, Land Use/Community Form Mobility and Walkability.
“These “mobile workshops” will help the Shawnee Neighborhood Planning Committee, the Department of Economic Growth and Innovation and the Department of Community Services and Revitalization in prioritizing and determining how resources should be utilized to move the Shawnee Neighborhood forward,” says Hamilton. “The mobile workshops are open to any Shawnee resident.”
The workshops scheduled to date are:
· Tuesday, January 15th 10:00am at City Life Shawnee, 4102 West Market Street
· Thursday, January 17th 6:30pm Shawnee Neighborhood Association Meeting 224 Amy Avenue
· Tuesday, January 22nd 5:30pm The North-West Community Coalition Meeting 3800 West Market Street, Portland Memorial Church
· Wednesday, January 23rd 5:00pm, Fuller Center at Spirit of Love Center, 4107 West Market Street
· Monday, January 28th 1:00pm The Northwest Neighborhood Place Community Council, 4018 West Market Street.
Additionally, residents can stop by the Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center at 234 Amy Avenue until January31st any time during working hours and rank their neighborhood priorities at a free-standing kiosk.
Those participating will be entered in a drawing for two gift cards from the Center for completing the survey.
Additional mobile workshops may be added so check Councilwoman Hamilton’s webpage for updates.
“I want to encourage everyone in the Shawnee area to get involved in these workshops,” says Hamilton. “We want to hear from you.”
For more information about the mobile workshops, contact Councilwoman Hamilton’s office at 573-1105.
Chrie Bryant Hamilton (D) 5