Councilwoman to host community health fair
Thursday February 23, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEAST
Councilwoman Madonna Flood will host a community Health Fair from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday, February 25 at St. Luke Catholic Church, 4211 Jim Hawkins Drive, located in Treasure Island subdivision off of Blue Lick Rd.
A variety of services will be available, including stroke screening, abdominal aortic aneurysm screening and peripheral arterial disease screening for $49 each or all three for $119 and osteoporosis for $49. All four tests can be performed for $129, and can be scheduled by calling Life Line Screening at 800-679-5609.
Free testing with no appointment necessary include:
- Body Fat Analysis – Metro Health Dept. 9 a.m. until noon
- Glucometer Check (blood glucose – Family Health Center 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Memory Screening – Harambee Health Center 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Blood Pressure – Norton’s Office of Church & Health Ministries 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Ask the Pharmacist –(Bring in your prescription drugs or list including over the counter to discuss possible drug interactions) 10 a.m. until noon