Metro Animal Services and Metro Police Looking for Owners of Mutilated Cats
Monday December 27, 2010
Metro Animal Services and Metro Police are looking for the owners of the two cats that were found tortured and mutilated on December 4, behind the Kroger located at 5001 Mud Lane.
- Gray tabby male, about 6-8 years old
- All 4 paws have white on them
- White under mouth, halfway down neck
- 10-12 lbs
- Orange tabby male, about 8-10 years old
- White on front paws, white “sleeves” on back legs
- White under nose and down throat
- About 22 lbs
- Shaved area on back possibly used for administering medication.
A third cat was discovered in a ditch by a child at Antle Drive and Gaskin Court on December 18; it was reported to MAS and retrieved on December 20. This cat was also mutilated and tortured. Authorities are seeking the owner of this cat as well.
- Gray/black tabby female, about 1 year old
- White line between eyes
- White over nose and mustache
- White from halfway down neck to shoulder area
- About 10 lbs
A reward of $4,500 is being offered by the Humane Society of the United States and private individuals for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the mutilation and death of the first two cats. A second reward of $2,500 is being offered by the Humane Society of the United States for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the third cat.
If you have any information regarding this case, please call Metro Animal Services at 363-6609 or the LMPD tip line at 574-LMPD (5673).