Deadline Extended for Applications for Summer Youth “Change Leaders” Program
Tuesday April 29, 2014
The deadline to apply for the Healing Futures Fellowship Program has been extended to midnight Thursday, May 15. The program is open to youth ages 15 to 18 entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of high school in the fall of 2014. It is offered by the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness’ Center for Health Equity .
The program will be held June 30 through August 6 and will be comprised of classroom and field sessions seven hours a day, five days a week. It will bring together 25 rising sophomores, juniors and seniors from across Louisville. Each young person chosen for the Healing Future’s Fellowship will receive up to a $1,000 stipend at the end of the program.
To apply you must:
- Be a high school student and a resident of Louisville, Jefferson County.
- Be a student entering the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the fall of 2014.
- Submit a completed application form and a 500 word essay by the deadline.
- Be available for an interview May 19-May 27, 2014 if your application is selected.
- Be available for fellowship orientation on Saturday, June 21, 2014, if you are selected to participate in the program.
- Be available Monday to Friday for the entire six-week program from June 30 – August 6.
To apply or for more information, call 574-6616 or visit www.louisvilleky.gov/health.