Public Urged to Bike to Work on Friday May 17
Monday May 13, 2013
Leave your car at home and grab your bike for Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 17. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or a first-time rider, you are urged to participate! There are six designated Meet & Ride locations in both Louisville and Southern Indiana. At each location, an experienced Ride Captain will be there to guide you on your commute. Then after work, meet up at Fourth Street Live at 5:15 p.m. to join your Ride Captains for the commute back to the Meet & Ride locations.
Meet & Rides
(Meet at 7:00 a.m.)
· Seneca Park at the basketball court parking lot, just west of the tennis courts
· Iroquois Park at the Amphitheater parking lot
· Shawnee Park at the Southwestern and Broadway entrance and bus stops along Market Street to join the ride
· Southern Indiana at the Park and TARC at Illinois Ave and 9th St.
· Tyler Park at the tennis courts along Baxter Ave
· Clark Park in the parking lot at Thurston and Dixie
Be sure to join Bike Louisville at noon for the lunchtime celebration at Fourth Street Live! Meet up with commuters, learn more about bicycle commuting, visit with vendors and just celebrate the bicycle. One of the lucky Bike to Work Day registrants will win a new, fully-loaded Bianchi Metropoli commuting bike from Parkside Bikes-- no purchase necessary! We will also be giving out Louisville's new printed bike map and drawing for other prizes!
Visit www.louisvilleky.gov/bikelouisville for more information, including Meet & Ride maps and Bike to Work Day registration. Registrants will be entered in for a chance to win a Bianchi Metropoli bike with pack and rack.