Friday January 31, 2014
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness and its community partners offer free stop smoking classes using the Cooper/Clayton method. The Cooper/Clayton method to stop smoking is a 13-week program that includes weekly support group meetings combined with the use of nicotine replacement products such as patches and gum. Participants receive free weekly supplies of nicotine replacement products for the first five weeks of the program.
Advance registration for the program is required. To register phone 574 – STOP (574-7867) or email StopSmoking@louisvilleky.gov
Below is a list of classes that begin in February and March. The date listed is the start day of the 13-week course. February 4, 2014
- Tuesdays, 10:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., Family Health Center Portland, 2215 Portland Ave. February 5, 2014
- Wednesdays, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., YMCA Southeast, 5930 Six Mile Ln. February 11, 2014
- Tuesdays, 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Duplicator Sales and Service, 831 E. Broadway March 4, 2014
- Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., YMCA Southwest, 2800 Fordhaven Rd. March 5, 2014
- Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., Catholic Enrichment Center, 3146 W. Broadway March 5, 2014
- Wednesdays, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Bates Community Development Corp., 1228 S. Jackson St.,
March 19, 2014
- Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Family Health Center Portland, 2215 Portland Ave.