Monday July 16, 2012
For Immediate release:
Louisville Metro Council
The 9th District Green Triangle is partnering with Eco-Cell, a local company, to offer Louisville residents an easy way to recycle handheld electronics. The program allows people to keep harmful materials out of the landfill while raising funds to support green projects in the 9th District.
“We all have outdated handheld electronics at home that we’re not sure what to do with. Here’s the solution: recycle your electronics with the Green Triangle and Eco-Cell,” says Councilwoman Tina Ward-Pugh (D-9). “Instead of pitching electronics, recycle them to protect the environment and support your community.”
To recycle handheld electronics, look for the Green Triangle Eco-Cell box at 15 locations in the 9th District where you may drop off any handheld electronics that you no longer use. These items will be refurbished and resold or recycled. The profits will be used to support green projects in District 9.
Accepted handheld electronics include cell phones, cell phone accessories, digital cameras, iPods and MP3 players, handheld game systems, GPS handheld units, laptops, e-readers and portable hard drives.
“The program is simple: recycle your handheld electronics at any of the District 9 locations. They aren't doing you any good in your drawers and they pose a significant risk to the environment. The nifty part is that 100% of the proceeds from your recycling will directly fund sustainability projects like rain gardens and bike racks in District 9.”
For additional information about the project visit the Green Triangle website at http://www.mygreentriangle.com/Green-Initiatives/Electronics-Recycling.aspx.
Drop off locations for handheld recycling in the 9th District:
· The Comfy Cow, 2221 Frankfort Avenue
· Crescent Hill Trading Company, 2720 Frankfort Avenue
· Crescent Hill Yoga, inside Crescent Hill United Methodist, 201 S. Peterson Avenue
· dandelion, 3729 Lexington Road
· Eco-Cell, 1726 Mellwood Avenue
· eyedia, design it again, 1631 Mellwood Avenue
· Heine Brothers’ Coffee Chenoweth, 119 Chenoweth Lane
· Heine Brothers' Coffee, 2714 Frankfort Avenue
· Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen, 2232 Frankfort Avenue
· Marathon Station, 3320 Frankfort Avenue
· Mellwood Art Center, 1860 Mellwood Avenue, in the lobby
· Nancy's Bagel Grounds, 2101 Frankfort Avenue
· Red Hot Roasters, 1403 Lexington Avenue
· St. Matthews Hardware, 3919 Shelbyville Road
· Thai Taste, 1977 Brownsboro Road
Tina Ward-Pugh (D) 9