Mayor Announces Free Summer Chamber Music Concerts
Tuesday June 26, 2007
A string quartet at the Bon Air Regional Library. A woodwind trio at Cane Run Community School. A swing combo at the Portland Community Center.
Those are some of the eight performances scheduled next month for the 2007 Summer Concert Series, sponsored by the Louisville Orchestra and Metro Parks. The concerts are free and open to the public.
“This brings chamber music directly to the neighborhoods,” Mayor Jerry Abramson said. “Whether it’s a violinist or a trumpet player, these concerts introduce children and adults to the wonderful sounds of classical music.”
The concerts among hundreds of community programs being offered this summer by Metro Parks. Other events include performances by the River City Drum Corp and appearances by Zippo the Clown.
The Louisville Orchestra performances are:
- July 5th, 6:30 p.m., Bon Air Regional Library, 2816 Del Rio Place.
- July 11, 5 p.m., Beechmont Community Center, 205 W. Wellington Ave.
- July 26, 5:30 p.m., South Louisville Community Center, 2911 Taylor Blvd.
- July 24, 4 p.m., Cane Run Community School, 3951 Cane Run Road
Swing Combo (bass, guitar, drums, sax, trumpet)
- July 10, 6:30 p.m., Douglass Community Center, 230 Douglass Blvd.
- July 17, 6 p.m., Portland Community Center, 640 N. 27th St.
- July 16, 2 p.m. Highlands/Shelby Park Branch Library, 1250 Bardstown Rd.
- July 12, 6:30 p.m., Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Lane
Visit the Louisville Orchestra website at: www.louisvilleorchestra.org