Tuesday November 1, 2011
For Immediate Release
Louisville MEtro Council
Contact: TOny Hyatt 574-4137/526-3622
Councilwoman Attica Scott is issuing an invitation to residents of District 1 to come out and “Ask Attica” questions her first Community Conversation set for Tuesday, November 15th.
“I want to offer everyone from all over District 1 the chance to meet me and my staff,” says Scott. “I have made a commitment to staying in touch with all of the district from Cane Run Road to West Louisville and everywhere in between.”
This first “Ask Attica” is set for the Southwick Community Center, 3621 Southern Avenue. The meeting will run from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
Representatives of Metro Public Works, Louisville Metro Police, the Metro Public Health and Wellness Department and the Center for Health Equity will be on hand to answer questions and offer assistance to residents who have a concern.
“While I want to meet residents, I also want to stress that they become more aware and sign up for the new Code Red Community Alert System recently announced by Mayor Fischer,” says Scott. “Several people will be on hand to sign anyone up who wants to be part of this new system.”
The Councilwoman has also selected ten people to serve on her District 1 Advisory Council. The Group will help Scott determine needs and priorities in the district. Those serving on the Advisory Council are:
· Eboni Neal Cochran, Rubbertown Emergency ACTion
· CheRhonda Greenlee, Park duValle resident
· Honorable Eleanor Jordan, Parkland Neighborhood Improvement Association
· Steffanie English, resident
· Lynn Meiman, Lake Dreamland Fire Department
· Ralph Merkel, Parkland Homeowners Association
· Courtney Phelps, resident
· Reverend Stephen Smith, Mt. Hermon Baptist Church
· Donovan Taylor, Chickasaw Federation
· Ed Wessel, Cane Run Area Business Association
“This group will hold its first meeting prior to our first Community Conversation,” says Scott. “I look forward to working with them.”
For more information about the “Ask Attica Community Conversation”, contact Councilwoman Scott’s office at 574-1101
Attica Scott (D) 1