Parks to be closed to vehicle, boat access in cooperation with Ford Ironman Triathlon
Thursday August 26, 2010
Several Metro Parks along the River Road corridor will be closed to vehicle and boat access during the Ford Ironman Triathlon on Sunday, August 29.
· Eva Bandman Park, 1701 River Road
· Carrie Gaulbert Cox Park, 3730 River Road
· Thurman Hutchins Park, 3734 River Road
· Hays Kennedy Park, 7303 Beachland Beach Road
· Louisville Champions Park, 2050 River Road (access to the park will be available from Mellwood Avenue only)
These parks will be available via pedestrian access. However, Metro Parks is encouraging the public to be aware of several road closures during the Ironman, roughly from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. For information on road closures, no parking areas and designated viewing areas, please visit http://ironmanlouisville.com/.